Regional Development branch headed by Director of Irrigation (RD) and comes under the purview of Regional Development & Construction sub department. Under the guidance of Director of Irrigation (RD) and the support staff of Chief Engineer, Irrigation Engineer, General Office staff including Drawing Office Staff, this branch functioning efficiently to achieve development goal and objective of the Irrigation Department.
The main functions of the RD branch is construction of medium and minor irrigation and settlement projects for the conservation diversion and distribution of water under gravity and lift irrigation to new and existing lands for cultivation. In addition to above, this branch undertakes to implement several water resources infrastructure development project for several other agencies including Wild Life Department, Water Resources Board and Provincial Departments.
The Construction activities are carried out through the Director of Irrigation at District and Provincial level with the support of specialization branch. Most of the works are carried out by directly with Irrigation Department staff on force account.
- Implementation of minor and medium construction works according to department standards.
- Finalizing items in the budget estimate with the assistance of district staff including monitoring progress and financial control.
- Preparation of Cabinet memorandum in the case of revision of estimates, intensives and other requirements.
- Training and capacity building on construction technologies with the assistance of DI (Training and Capacity Development).
- Direction with respect to extra works and price escalations for standard small, medium and large contracts.