Information & Communication technology (ICT) branch is a newly stabilized one which is developed from the former computer services branch. At present ICT branch comes under the sub department of regional Development & Construction (RD & C).
Following are the key functions of ICT branch.
- Planning and upgrading the infrastructure facilities on information technology in the Department.
- Coordinating and handling activities related to IT with outside organizations.
- Providing services to the Ranges and Zonal offices to improve their IT facilities and knowledge.
- Design maintains & update of the website of the department.
- Providing technical guidance for the Departmental Procurement Committee (DPC) on the IT related procurements.
- Marinating the computer centre, LAN and the peripherals of the Department.
- Undertaking hard ware repairs and software solutions in the computers in the Department.