This branch provides a supportive service to the Irrigation Department as well as to other organizations such as provincial councils, statutory boards and authorities, to assure the quality of civil engineering works in the following stages
The main activities performed under the above stages are:
- Foundation investigation for earthen dams (new constructions as well as rehabilitation), anicuts and other irrigation related structures and buildings.
- Locating borrow areas for earth work and selecting sources of material for concrete work.
- Design of earth dams and foundations.
- Performing quality assurance tests for concrete and earth work.
- Providing consultancy services to privet sector and semi government organizations, for site investigations and quality assessment in concrete and earth work