- Carry out feasibility studies for the project planning
- Water resources analysis on identified projects.
- Preparation of detail level water resources analysis on identified locations by Water Resources Planning Sub Department for further studies in order to identification of the development possibilities.
- Preparation of reports on extended analysis on the present water resources management situation in identified locations, indicating present level of water use including domestic and industrial, land use changes and environmental changes and environmental regulations and potential for further development to serve as a reference guide particularly for sub basins.
2. Project Planning
Irrigation System Maps
- Environmental Impact assessment and Initial Environmental Examination.
- Granting approvals of Irrigation Department Mini Hydro Power projects, specially with suitable energy authority.
- Environmental approval from the project approving agencies for proposed irrigation projects.
- Granting environmental clearance to Irrigation projects submitted by Central Environmental Authority and other agencies.