A special unit “Research Support and Process Improvement – (RS & PI Unit)” has been established under the purview of Additional Director General of Irrigation (Planning Design and Specialized Services) from December 2012, for research purposes and other special studies. This unit will facilitate to provide necessary support and guidance for any Officer/Branch to conduct research work in the fields of Engineering, Science, Administration, Social Science, Accountancy and other special studies related to water sector. In addition, Research Support and Process Improvement Unit would facilitate/fund for collection of data and information necessary for such studies.
- Facilitate to provide necessary support and guidance to any officer/branch to conduct research.
- Study the behavior and develop the methods of reservoir management.
- Study the research requirements of the department and other agencies island wide when required.
- Coordinating with universities and other research organizations to conduct research.
- Conduct to workshops and seminars in the field of Irrigation and water related sector for process improvement.