Programme Management Sub Department is mainly responsible for facilitating programmes to move from planning stage to implementation stage and monitoring the progress of the projects and programmes to ensure projects and programmes are implemented as pre-planned. The Sub Department is headed by the Director of Irrigation (PM) and he is directly responsible to the Director General of Irrigation.
Functions of the Programme Management Unit
- Obtaining approval from relevant institutions for new projects and programmes to include in Government’s Development Programme.
- Preparation of action plans to in consultations with the respective Addl. DGII, and Directors to implement the programmes to achieve the targets
- Preparation of capital budget in successive years in line with the long term physical and financial programme of the Department
- Monitoring the progress to make sure the programmes are implemented as pre-planned.
- Identification of problem areas related to the implementation of programmes/ projects and facilitate to overcome them
- Reporting the on outputs such as monthly, Quarterly progress reports and achievement of milestones. (Performance Reports, Administration Reports, etc.)